We are pleased to announce the first release of pyds9, a Python module that uses a Python interface to XPA to communicate with the ds9 image display program:
- The ds9 class constructor connects to a single instance of a running ds9.
- The ds9 object supports 'set' and 'get' methods to communicate with all of ds9's XPA access points.
- Other methods send/retrieve numpy arrays and pyfits hdulists to/from ds9.
- The ds9_targets() function lists ds9 programs running on your system.
- The ds9_openlist() function connects to a list of running ds9 instances.
The pyds9 module is available on the ds9 Web site: http://hea-www.harvard.edu/saord/ds9/
Documentation is available on the same Web site: http://hea-www.harvard.edu/saord/ds9/pyds9/