Abstract : Manipulate tables of Astronomical data
Category : Recommended Active
Homepage : http://atpy.github.com
ATpy (Astronomical Tables in Python) is a high-level package providing a way to manipulate tables of astronomical data in a uniform way. A table is defined by any number of columns of data, each characterized by a column name, unit, null value, and description (the last three being optional), and can be supplemented with metadata in the form of keywords or comments. ATpy can be used to manipulate single tables as well as sets of tables.
ATpy can be used to:
- Seamlessly read and write table data to a number of table formats (FITS, VO, HDF5, IPAC, and arbitrary ASCII tables, and SQLite/MySQL/PostgreSQL databases), building on existing Python modules. More formats will be supported in future.
- Remove, add, or rename columns.
- Access and modify individual table cells.
- Create an empty table and populate it.
- Create a new table from a selection of rows.
- Add keywords and comments.
- Read and write sets of tables.