Abstract : Photutils provides tools for detecting and performing photometry of astronomical sources.
Category : Recommended Active
Homepage : https://github.com/astropy/photutils
Photutils is an in-development affiliated package of Astropy.
It contains functions for:
- estimating the background and background rms in astronomical images
- detecting sources in astronomical images
- estimating morphological parameters of those sources (e.g., centroid and shape parameters)
- performing aperture and PSF photometry
The code and the documentation are available at the following links:
- Code: https://github.com/astropy/photutils
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/astropy/photutils/issues
- Documentation: https://photutils.readthedocs.org/